This is a series of lessons kindly written for us in the Whitewicca forums by RowanBerry and saved here for easy reference.
Bach flower remedies and the Chakras From: http://www.colourtherapyhealing.com/nature/remedies_chakras.asp
The Bach Flower remedies work on one’s emotions. Below the Remedies are laid out in ‘colour groups’ with brief descriptions of the emotional aspects which are attributed to each remedy. The symbol + means positive, the symbol – means negative.
CROWN CHAKRA COLOUR VIOLET
+ Good listener. Unselfish. Able to put one’s own suffering to good use in empathy with others.
- Preoccupied with self and unable to enter in to two way communications with others.
+ Sympathetic, calm, and relaxed.
- Impatient, irritated by others who are slower therefore, preferring to work alone.
+ Warm relation to others whilst maintaining one’s own counsel. Dignified and empathetic. Happily commits to serving others.
- Proud, aloof, feelings of superiority, condescending. Can be withdrawn and cold.
BROW CHAKRA COLOUR INDIGO
+ Tolerance, compassion, unity with others. Ability to see the good in others despite their apparent imperfections.
- Critical intolerant of other’s shortcomings. Feelings of superiority, judge mental and arrogant.
+ Unselfish carer. Happy in one’s own company. Fulfilled and self assured. Sensitive to other’s needs.
- Possessive and self centred. Manipulative, opinionated and strong willed; expecting others to conform to one’s own values. (I feel this remedy also relates quite strongly to the heart chakra/green.)
+ Ability to hold high ideals with a flexible attitude. Able to concede one’s own theories to a greater truth.
- Holding high ideals without flexibility. Can be self denying – martyrs. Seeking self perfection.
+ Calm, wise and tolerant. Holding strong views but without imposing them on others. Able to take a broad view of life and events.
- Pushing oneself beyond the limits. Racing mind with fanatical inclinations regarding injustice.
+ Able to encourage and guide others without domination. Wise leader/teachers. Able to use own gifts to help others to find their own path in life.
- Domineering. Demand and expect absolute obedience. Proud.
THROAT CHAKRA COLOUR BLUE
+ Ability to observe one’s mistakes objectively and honestly and learn from the experience and to learn from others.
- Cannot learn from past experience.
+ Open to inspiration and able to fulfil one’s creative potential.
- Difficulty living in the present and making active steps to fulfil potential. Can be withdrawn.
+ Ability to see the past as valuable experience providing lessons for today. Can move forward having no regrets.
- Over-attachment to the past. Inability to change the present as stuck in the past.
+ Inner peace and calm which remains constant despite difficult circumstances.
- Depressed for no apparent reason, as if in a fog. Feelings can lift as suddenly as they drop.
+ Able to listen to one’s inner guidance and recognise one’s needs. Able to maintain peace of mind.
- Feeling exhausted in mind and body.
+ Thoughts under control and put to positive use. Peace of mind, trusting a positive outcome.
- Obsessive worrying thoughts leading to a troubled mind. Inattentive and uncommunicative.
+ Ability to use initiative. Interested in life’s work and the world in general. Sense of purpose and well-being. Able to accept responsibility for one’s own life and use initiative to make changes where necessary.
- Feelings of apathy leading to inability to make desired changes in life. Unable to accept responsibility and fulfil one’s own potential.( I feel this remedy also relates quite strongly to the Brow chakra/indigo.)
HEART CHAKRA COLOUR GREEN
+ Exudes warmth and is open about one’s feelings. Cheerful and diplomatic.
- Hides problems behind a cheerful face. Inability to show one’s feelings.
+ Serves willingly and unobtrusively but without denying one’s own needs. Unhampered by the opinions of others.
- Difficulty in saying “no”. Imposed upon/bullied by others. Anxious to please others, denying one’s own needs.
+ Ability to move forward in life remaining steadfast to one’s own path. Ability to make necessary changes in life.
- Difficulty adapting to change. Oversensitive to certain ideas/ influenced by stronger personalities.
+ Generous hearted, giving without making demands. Compassionate, loving and loveable.
- Feelings of envy, jealousy, hatred and a hard-hearted attitude. Difficulty in loving. (Dr.Bach said of Holly “Holly protects us from everything that is not Universal love. Holly opens the heart and unites us with divine love.”)
SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA COLOUR YELLOWB
+ Self confident and decisive. Ability to follow one’s own judgment.
- Lack of trust in one’s own judgment, constantly seeking confirmation from others.
+ Feel that there is no such thing as failure if one has done one’s best. Confidence to attempt any undertaking.
- Feelings of despondency and doubt. Easily discouraged when faced with difficulties.
+ Bright and happy and able to cope in the face of adversity.
- Given up; lost hope.
+ Confidence in one’s abilities. Lively mind. Clear headed.
- Mental weariness, doubting ability to face the days work.
+ Certainty and decisiveness. Ability to make quick decisions and take prompt action.
- Difficulty in making decisions particularly when faced with two options. Scattered mind. Up and down emotionally.
+ The ability to see a clear picture with positive ideas. Ambitious with the ability to make decisions. Constructive.
- Indecision which way to go at a cross roads in life. Wastes talents through lack of clear direction.
SACRAL CHAKRA COLOUR ORANGE
+ Quiet courage, facing difficulties with humour and confidence. Standing up for oneself. Can enjoy life with emotions balanced and in control.
- Fearful of everyday things. Tongue tied in company, shy and timid.
+ Ability to be caring without anxiety or smothering. Radiates thoughts of health and courage.
- Over anxious about others. Can cause blockages in relationships.
+ Courageous, presence of mind in an emergency.
- Feelings of terror and a sense of frozen fear when faced with threat. Usually a temporary state.
+ Ability to accept responsibility in a realistic way. Self respect and acceptance of self and others.
- Self reproach. Feeling undeserving. Loss of joy of life. Humility. Lack of self respect. (I feel this remedy also relates quite strongly to the Base chakra)
+ Emotions in control, able to think and act rationally. Respectful of friends, family and self.
- Abusive to family and friends, fear of losing control of behaviour.
+ Inner peace and security, desire for adventure. Fearless.
- Fearful and worried for no specific reason. Feelings of foreboding. (I feel this remedy also relates quite strongly to the Base chakra/Red.)
BASE CHAKRA COLOUR – RED
+ Acceptance of oneself. Positivity about oneself and one’s environment.
- Ashamed and uncomfortable with self. Obsessive about cleanliness.
+ Capable, self assured, confident in one’s ability to cope.
- Overwhelmed by responsibility. Temporarily doubting one’s ability to cope.
+ Determined, capable, realistic. Good at taking initiative, good leader.
- Feelings of inferiority, refusing to acknowledge one’s potential ability.
+ Strong, high endurance levels, persistence and good energy reserves.
- Inner strength is wavering, fatigue takes over.
+ Ability to accept responsibility in a realistic way. Self acceptance.
- Self reproach. Feeling undeserving. sense of shame, humility. (I feel this remedy also relates quite strongly to the Sacral chakra/orange.)
+ Optimistic. Retains inner strength in spite of external circumstances.
- One feels one has reached the limit of endurance. Feelings of hopelessness can prevail.
+ Enjoys life, attracting positive conditions and friends. Feelings of being in control of one’s life.
- Feelings of being a “victim”. Lacking vitality, feeling resentful.
RESCUE REMEDY This remedy is a combination of Impatiens, Star of Bethlehem, Cherry Plum, Rock Rose and Clematis and is helpful for shock or stress and can be used at any time. For example, from pre-exam nerves to shock after an accident. Dr.Bach put his remedies in to seven groups. Remedies which would help with 1) Fear, 2) Uncertainty, 3) Insufficient interest in present circumstances, 4) Loneliness, 5) Over-sensitivity to influences and ideas, 6) Despondency and 7) over-care for the welfare of others. He also put his 38 remedies in to seven colour groups. The seven colours he chose relate to the seven colours of the rainbow. It is not suggested that the arrangement above is how Dr.Bach allocated his remedies. It is just my thoughts and observations.
This is excerpted from Julian Barnard’s Bach Flower Remedies: Form and Function, Lantern books, ©2002. He is the maker of the Healing Herbs Flower Remedies.
Note: The remedies below correspond to the ones that Bach himself called “The 12 Healers.” According to Vibration author, Candy Hillenbrand, “…Dr. Bach’s list of the most crucial of his remedies corresponds to 12 types of personality, each possessing a quality to develop and a primary fault or negative emotional/mental tendency to overcome. He described the twelve types as the “12 great lessons of life,” and believed that each of us is concentrating on one of these lessons in particular.”
In illness, each of the 12 types reacts in a different way:
Impatiens is quickly ill and quickly well again, impatient to be up and doing. There may be pain and tension, but the character of the person is sure to be irritable. The child lies ill and Mum comes to offer sympathy and kindness. But nothing is right and nothing is accepted.When the doctor comes, they want an instant cure.
“Would you like some nice hot milk, darling?”
“No! Just go away and leave me alone.”
Clematis people like being ill: all that time with nothing to do but dream. They sleep easily and if awake will want television or novels to distract themselves. If they have a fever the hallucinations add interest to a dull day. The whole metabolism will slow as they drift away from the world.
Mimulus, being the remedy for fear, carries an anxiety that the problem is more serious. Large round eyes look up in a silent appeal.
“I’m worried that I have polyitis, that’s what John’s cousin had.”
“You’ll be alright, don’t worry,” says Dad, holding the child’s limp hand.
The Agrimony patient, though seriously ill, makes light of the matter, talking to keep his visitors by the bedside. With the doctor he jokes about the problem.
“Have you heard the one about the man who thought he had a phantom limb? Well, his wife…”
“Please hold still, Mr. Jones, I’ve got to a tricky stage and this might hurt a bit.”
Chicory people like to be ill; it gives them an opportunity to get things organized around them.
“You can read me another story now, Daddy, and then Lucy can come up after tea and play a game, and then Mummy…”
“I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go. Oh, come on, don’t start crying again, my darling.”
Vervains know what is best for them and will not take advice, even from the doctor.
“I know you don’t think you are ill, but I would still recommend a few days in bed”
“Don’t be ridiculous, I can’t afford the time and besides, I have my multi-pack pills, here you should try some.”
Centaury, too, cannot be ill — who would wash and scrub and tend to the others? If finally they succumb, the illness is characterized by weakness and debility.
Cerato says,“Am I ill, do you think? I am not sure. Somebody said yesterday that I looked awful but I haven’t the spots that Mary had. Perhaps we should see what the other doctor says when he gets here.”
With Scleranthus, the symptoms come and go, they move about, the temperature is up and down. In the morning, they want to stay in bed, by 11 they are up and dressed, then turn around and they are back in bed again. They cannot make up their minds if they are ill.
Water Violet people are even more withdrawn than usual. They are knowledgeable and calm, speaking to the doctor as an equal. They do not like to be fussed over.
“Just leave the tray on the chair, my dear, I will get it when I want it.”
Gentian gets depressed and, as Bach observed, is discouraged by any setback in recovery. Then they see the perverse fate that led to their illness.
“It’s just my luck to get flu again this week when I was planning that trip.”
Rock Rose’s behavior is not so obvious. They are mute, remember. They run a high temperature and struggle to keep their hold on life. Those around soon share the apprehension.
Week Three Questions
Place all 38 of the essences in category of the 7 attitudes that you think best fits. When you are done, refer back to our lessons to check your answers. How close were your assessments? Discuss any differences you came up with and why you may have categorized them differently.
Essences for Fear
Essences for Uncertainty
Essences for Insufficient Interest in Present Circumstances
Essences for Over-Care of the Welfare of Others
Essences for Loneliness
Essences for Despondency or Despair
Essences for Those Over-sensitive to Influence and Ideas